Regional Dance America/Northeast (RDA/NE) is an Association of dance companies in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio*, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, DC and the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Quebec.
RDA/NE is one of five Regions of Regional Dance America, successor organization to the National Association of Regional Ballet. This organization is synonymous with the regional ballet movement in America and has played a significant role in the development of many Companies to full-fledged professional status.
RDA/NE is a source of support, encouragement, experience, knowledge and advice from other member Companies which vary from more significant groups with budgets of several hundred thousand dollars to smaller groups with more modest budgets.
The Annual Festival, first held in the Northeast in 1959, provides:
- Exposure for dancers, choreographers and Companies.
- An important exchange of ideas that work.
- A chance to see what others are doing.
- A chance to meet many others in the field.
- A great place to have fun with fellow colleagues in the world of regional ballet.
- To recognize, appraise and promote the work of dance companies from various states of the Region.
- To generate public interest and appreciation for dancers: to provide incentives and opportunities for dancers, choreographers and dance companies; to encourage the growth of dance and stand for the highest quality in performance and administration.
- To require the highest of ethics among member companies and the representatives thereof.